|Release Date||April 16, 2010|
|Cover Character(s)||Keima Katsuragi|
← Volume 7
Volume 9 →
Volume Eight is the 8th volume of The World God Only Knows.
Seeing that there's a spirit in an old lady, Rieko Hinaga , Keima uses other ways to take care of her, knowing that his gaming abilities are not necessary. Returning back to the city, Keima encounters another spirit who resides in the heart of a ramen girl, Sumire Uemoto, who only wishes to make her father proud of her. By becoming a worker of the same restaurant the girl works at, Keima is able to accomplish the capture. It's the last day of summer, and Keima wishes to play the games he couldn't during the last 30 days because of captures. He is then asked to create a game scenario, but in the end he only asks to have the company create a good game. School is back and Keima meets his next target, a shogi-playing girl by the name of Nanaka Haibara.
- The front cover of vol. 8 is an allusion to Raphael's painting, The School of Athens. Observe the pattern of the vault on the background of the painting and cover. Also, the three Keimas represent Plato (pointing upwards), Aristotle (palm facing the ground), and Heraclitus (head leaning on the hand).
Differences from the tankoubon chapter
- Flag 68:
- Keima's conversation bubble addition, he says, "Airi's parents or siblings aren't here". (Page 1 - Third panel)
- Keima is clearly drawn in the volume chapter. (Page 4 - Last panel)
- PAGE ADDITION: After Keima played with Rieko's ghost at graveyard, there are about 2 pages of her activity in the morning after.
- Flag 69:
- Elsie's broomstick stripe changed from ten stripes to one bold stripe - marking ten runaway spirits has been taken care of. (Page 4 - Last panel & Page 5 - Middle panel & Page 9 - First panel)
- Sumire's expression is slightly changed. (Page 9 - First panel)
- Elsie's choker added. (Page 8 - Second panel)
- An SFX, "GOGOGOGO" near Elsie has been added. (Page 13 - Middle panel)
- Flag 70:
- Slight change of Sumire's mouth. (Page 1)
- Elsie's broomstick stripe changed from ten stripes to one bold stripe. (Page 2 - Third last panel)
- Keima's mouth is slightly changed. (Page 2 - Last panel)
- Flag 71:
- Keima's words in second conversation bubble changed into, "what a different delicacy compared to what she made in her first attempt". (Page 13 - Second last panel)
- Flag 72:
- Elsie whispered, "I transferred Sumire-san's Rameen.", instead of saying, "I made it." (Page 6 - Third last panel)
- Sumire's father says, "This… is a Ramen made by Sumire, huh…?". (Page 6 - Last panel)