|Release Date||March 16, 2012|
|Cover Character(s)||Yui Goidō, Mars|
← Volume 15
Volume 17 →
Volume 16 is the sixteenth volume of The World God Only Knows. Before, the cover illustrations of volumes 11 through 13 were very special, because they followed the rankings of favorite female characters which was part of the author's poll. But now, as seen with the three previous volumes, the cover illustration has changed patterns and displays a goddess and her hostess. Because of that, this time around, Yui Goidō and the goddess who resides within her, Mars, are placed on the front cover. On the back features a sick Keima in bed, with Ayumi and Chihiro standing to the side of him, all of them chibi-sized.
After receiving Yui and Mars as his allies, Keima has taken a step into conquering Shiori. After clearing the misunderstandings of his cross-dressing, Keima aids Shiori in completing her story, which she's been having a hard time to complete. In the end, this story becomes a voice of Shiori's own thoughts, which results in her re-capture and the emergence of the goddess within her: Minerva. But now, more trouble stirs as Haqua makes a blunder by speaking up about Vintage to Docrow Skull, while Keima attempts to clear flags with both Ayumi and Chihiro in his sick status.
Differences from the tankoubon chapter
- Flag 150: Chapter title changed from "Welcome Hell" to "Welcome to Hell".
- Sharie's conversation bubble addition, she says "Every devil is equal now!". (Page 14 - Second last panel)
- Flag 151:
- Haqua's thought bubble pointer added. (Page 6 - Third panel)
- Haqua's conversation bubble pointer added. (Page 8 - Second panel)
- Haqua's runaway spirit sensor omitted because it's supposedly on her left side of her hair. (Page 17 - Last panel)
- Flag 152: Fiore's modified runaway spirit sensor (goddess sensor) fixed; it's supposedly had been broken by Vulcan.
- Flag 154: There's a "GO AHEAD!" addition between Keima's conversation bubbles and the road. (Page 3 - Third panel)
- Flag 155: There's cough sound effects right next to each of Keima's conversation bubble. (Page 2 - Second panel)
- Keima is dressed up as Conan on the back cover of volume 16. (Chapter 156.5, Bonus materials)